Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sneaky Sneaky

We had a busy busy week.  We ended up going to Texas last Saturday.  We made a pit stop in Wylie and stayed with my mom and headed to Van Sunday to surprise everyone! I woke up with Shingles....ON MY FACE.....again! Not sure what caused this break out but I' am willing to bet either me stressing out about the storm we drove through on our way home or my minor freak out in my sleep the night before?

We walked into church Sunday and the in-laws almost passed out!  It was the best seeing their faces!  It was a fast trip but we got to see everybody and spend the night with Mimi, Papa Jones and Grammy and Nawna and DooDee!

We had our Easter celebration at Nannie and Dado's house.  All the "big" kids got to act like little kids, if only for the day! 
We got family pics done and can't wait to get them back!  I hope they turn out good.  I was not feeling it that day and was a little insecure about my shingles and they were hurting and I was exhausted and nauseated all day.

Tuesday night was pretty intense.  Several storms came through Van and we set up shop in the tub for a couple of hours.  Jones didn't know what to think about that but he did great!  Tornado did hit Van, but luckily it was a few miles away from us....it was still scary though.

We had a short trip but had a lot going on.  Easter, birthday's, two massive storms, pictures, tornadoes, feeding Star and Sushi!  Wednesday night we stopped back by mom's house.  Jones was sooo tired and was out by 6:30.  Mom cooked hamburgers for us, but since Jones went to sleep early me and Cody snuck away for sushi!  It was much needed date night!  We also made it home in 6.5 hours!  That is a record.  We only had to stop once to feed Jones!  He slept the rest of the time and was in bed by 7 that night.  We were all wore out but so glad we came in!

1 comment:

  1. What a great surprise y'all pulled off!! It made for the best Easter ever!! It was wonderful having my family together for a few days!! I hate that shingles and bad weather put a damper on the visit. We had a great time and we'll never forget it!! Thanks for making this Easter extra special!! We love you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete