Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Happy 4th and Good eating!


We had a fun relaxing 4th of July.  We hung out at Crystal Beach majority of the weekend.  We rode the water boats, played some golf, went to the water park and saw a fabulous firework show.
Jones loved his sparklers more this year than he did last year:)

Cody got a few little fireworks for Jones too and he loved them!  He loved the color bombs!

I have been having horrible headaches lately and NO energy.  I decided to take the advocare 24 day challenge.  I loved the cleanse ( not the taste or texture) but I could tell it was cleansing.   I had lots and lots of energy with spark and I was eating like I was suppose to for the most part.  I was still having awful headaches and migraines.  On day 20 of the challenge I was feeling HORRID!  I decided to completely rid my body of chemicals and everything fake.  I was already eating good, but still wasn't able to break away from regular flour and the occasional sweet tea with real sugar.  I finally dumped my flour and bought whole wheat flour, and racked up at our local farmers market and bought organic everything!

The first 4 days were horrible.  I had NO energy and a migraine for 4 days straight.  I knew if I could stick it out until the headache left I would be free from caffeine, processed foods, and the "bad carbs" of white flour.  On day 5, I was a new woman!  I feel amazing.  It has been 3 weeks now and I have only had 1 headache( I had a piece of my friends birthday Key Lime pie and it was so worth it!!!)  It took a few days to get used to Whole Grain Wheat flour but now I kind of crave it.  Cody didn't realize the first few days what was going on until I told him and then he complained every time I made wheat tortillas, ha!  He didn't complain when he didn't know:)  I made a huge thing of muffins and froze them for Jones' breakfast and he loves them.  I made pop tarts and froze them, they were delish!  Jones has loved everything I have made so far and hummus is his favorite!

I made pizza the other day with a homemade wheat crust with our organic meat and real deal mozzarella cheese with homemade ranch dressing...it was so good!  I will never buy packaged mozzarella again.  After you try that huge, slimy, ball of real mozzarella you will never go back!  I still make Cody his favorite things but I stay clear. I am loving this life without headaches!!



No comments:

Post a Comment