Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Busier Days and Relaxing Nights!


I have been loving this time change!  Although our days seem busier trying to squeeze in everything, our nights are longer, which means more down time and more time with both of my boys in the house!  I helped some girlfriends host a baby shower and I was able to bring home a bunch of loot.  Jones has had a mustache every day for a month!  He loves them!

We have had several hunts booked lately where I haven't had to cook.  This has left a bunch of free time with Jones.  Jones gets bummed when we aren't at the lodge all day with the hunters so I have had to keep that lil brain occupied all day long!  We had a fall festival/expo thingy in town one weekend.  We ventured out one day and he was able to ride a pony, jump through bounce houses, eat foot long corn dogs, and repeat about 5 times.  He was beyond tired when we were done!  Now he wants a pony!

We ventured over to Enid one day which is about an hour and a half away.  They have this huge children's science museum with everything imaginable in it.  They even had an old airplane cockpit where you could sit in it and push all 2.5 million buttons......he was in love!!!!

They also had a huge outside area with this huge castle.  We were there for about 4 hours and he did not want to leave.....I, on the other hand was exhausted.  There was probably only about 8 or 9 other kids there at the time.  I over heard someone say on field trip days there are about 2,000 kiddos there..........ugh, no thank you!!!!!

We have had to find more things to do by ourselves too.  Usually if we get bored we will just load up with Cody and go help him do whatever.....well he has been entertaining hunters so I have had to entertain this guy by myself.  He played with this life size cooler one day for 2 hours........and eventually took a nap in it:)

We are getting ready for a big hunt in a few weeks.  About 12 guys, for a week, and I get to cook for them!  Jones will be thrilled we will be at the lodge more all up in the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment