Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Starting over......

In TEXAS, baby!

We are now, officially, living in Brady!
Everything we have gone through this year has prepared our hearts for this move.
I am once again reminded that our God is Faithful.
That our God is good.
Even in darkness and sadness,
He remains faithful.

We loved Woodward.  We loved the people, the town and most of all we loved O Bar Ranch.  I was feeling restless at the end of  March and couldn't shake it.  I finally talked to Cody about it and he had been feeling the same way, except, he had been feeling that way for awhile.  We had a long talk and realized he was getting burned out on his dream job, his hobby.  He was just tired.  He was doing a 3 man job by himself and working 7 days a week.

Your not supposed to get burned out on your hobby.

Even though he was still enjoying his job , he needed a break.  A day to regroup, not think about the ranch, a mental break that he was just not getting  and couldn't get being the only one up there.

I could tell he was wearing down and tried to help him as much as I could.  I thought that was enough at the time.

After we had our long heart to heart I had two options.  I could have gotten SO completely and utterly mad because he hadn't spoke up sooner or I could help him with a solution.  He hadn't brought up his feelings before because he knew how happy I was up there.  I loved my job as nursery coordinator with our church.  The town was full of things to do with Jones.  We could see/hang out with Cody whenever we wanted and we lived on a piece of heaven!
Who the heck would give that up?

My little piece of heaven had started to be a constant reminder of loss. A reminder of what could have been, what should have been and I felt like I was a ticking time bomb in that house, that was getting ready to explode at any time.

My heartache put me and Cody back on the same page.

A few days later this job fell in his lap.

We are doing the same thing but with lots and lots of help and days off on a weekly basis. 
Excited for our new adventures, closer to home, on another piece of heaven.
Excited for this dark cloud hanging over me to move on.
Excited and beyond thankful for His never ending Grace.
And beyond thankful for my two boys who love me unconditionally through the storms and sunny days.


1 comment:

  1. We are all going to miss O Bar Ranch, but God knew y'all needed a change. I know being back in Texas and closer to home is going to make us all a lot happier!! I truly believe Cross Oaks Ranch in Brady, Texas is an answer to prayers.

    ReplyDelete