Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Round 2

It has finally arrived! Our busy season! I have wonderful news and not so wonderful news. I will start with the blah news and end on a good note :)

Cody came home this afternoon and wanted me and mom to come outside and look at something. As soon as we stepped on the front porch I could see it......the huge rattler 2 ft from mom's car! Luckily, Cody saw it before it made it's way to the dog pen again!


I am not looking forward to rattler season :(
On a brighter note we had our first set of fawns yesterday! They were twin girls and we had a set of boys today! Both sets were very healthy looking and gonna do great!


I have a feeling this year is gonna go way better than last year. We moved here a week before the doe started having their babies last year and we didn't know how the last guy took care of them. The majority of the babies were small and weak. This year the doe have been in good hands and I think it will show when they start popping out their babies!

They are just so stinkin' cute and very fluffy! :) I just can't wait till the fawns we are gonna bottle feed arrive! Their home is all ready and waiting for them!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited, I think I'm in the computer world once again!! This blog is great!! The rattler is so scary and way too close to the house! The new babies are so cute, and yes, they do look much healthier than the babies last season! I know they are starting their lives in a much better environment than last year! The ranch is in much better shape than it was last year when ya'll took over. Ya'll have done a great job and I have a good feeling all the hard work is going to pay off this season!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete