Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Vacation Bible School

I have decided to step out of my comfort zone this year!
 I have never participated in VBS before.  I have always either been in school or had a job.  This year, being a stay at home mom, I was able to help!  I was in charge of the 3 year old room.  I had the sweetest most adorable kids and they kept me on my toes all week! 

I was So nervous at first.  A week before VBS started a friend of mine asked me to teach her 3 year old Sunday School class.  I can't believe I said yes!  I had never done that before either.  But for some reason she trusted me with her kids.  It went great, it was a lot of fun and it prepped me for VBS and took away all my fears!

Our theme for VBS was Aviation Wonders. 


 Our VBS was from 9-12.  The 1 and 2 year olds were in a room together and across the hall from us.  We would have a little lesson/story, craft, snack and then they would play for a bit before they were ready for a change up.  We would go on a "field trip" around the church, checking the older kids out, go to music, raid the candy room etc and we would bring the 1 and 2 year olds with us.  Jones and Crosby were the only 1 year olds and I brought J's wagon for them.  Jones was excited his buddy Crosby was riding with him.  The 2 year old's would hold onto a rope and follow me. 

I had all boys and one little girl.  They were a joy to teach.  Cody made us a "waterfall" out of PVC pipe and they loved it.  The first day we had this as a craft and every day after they wanted to redo it.  I gave them each a cup and carried out a huge jug of water and they would play with that thing for 30 minutes! 


I'm so glad I have stepped out of my comfort zone this summer!  Off to kids kamp next week as a counselor and Jones will be going to Texas.  Happy and sad all in one............

No comments:

Post a Comment