Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Well, maybe the day before Valentine's Day 2013...........

We did our V-Day on the 13th this year.  We were going to be traveling all day on the 14th so we made the 13th special.  I had not gone to the store to pick up goodies all week.  We got a huge snow storm on the 12th, so I couldn't drive to town that day to pick up goodies, so I talked Cody into driving us to town in the snow on the night of the1 2th:)  We made it home in one piece and ready for our day of LOVE!

We woke up and I made Jones some red pancakes...which turned out more of a pink color.  I am HUGE anti food coloring.  Not sure why, just have read so much stuff on the red dye etc...so I avoid it like the plague.  I ended up juicing a pint of strawberries and used it instead of water and I had a beautiful red batter!  After they cooked they were pink......still V-Day approved!


Jones LOVED them.  He didn't even want syrup with them.  I might start making them more and changing up the juice to other fruits to try out!  Yum Yum!  I started packing for the day while Cody had to go to town to run a few last minute errands before we left town for a few days. I was in Jones' closet with Cody got home.  Jones, of course, ran to him and came back in his room with this in his hands and said, 'here ya go, mommy!!"


Loved them and the card!

I had to work the nursery at church Wednesday night so Jones helped me make the kiddos so V-Day goodies!  We made some Love Punch and Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies!

The Love Punch was so good!  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  It was Raspberry Lemonade, Raspberry Sherbet and Sprite!

Since I had to work nursery the boys were in charge of feeding themselves.  The night before we picked up some seafood and squash and Cody was good to go for the night.

Jones and I made some Chocolate covered strawberries for later, saved a little Love Punch for later, finished up the cookies and I headed out!


I couldn't find a way to turn these stupid cookies red without red food coloring......mommy fail, but they were still good and anything in moderation is ok.....right?

My kiddos at church loved the Love Punch and the cookies and I came home to a relaxing night with my boys!  Tomorrow we are off to the the city for 3 nights of hotel living while Jones goes to Texas to see the Grands!  I AM SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect Valentine's Day celebration!! You are all my very special Valentine's!!! I love you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete