Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

3 years, 7 months, 7 days....

............since Dr.'s told us Cody had bladder cancer. 

Our trip to OKC last weekend started out as a Dr.'s checkup for Cody.  Cody's Urologist moved to the city a couple of years ago and we love him so much, so we decided to keep seeing him, even though it means a few hour trip to get to him. We then decided to make a weekend of it and relax and reflect.  For some reason I had an uneasy feeling about this appointment.  I made the appointment at the beginning of January and had an uneasy feeling about it ever since.

His appointment went great!  Dr. Jia said he would only need 2 more scopes in the next 2 years and then they would start taking urine samples and sending that off for DNA testing etc. to make sure there is no signs of cancer cells in his body....Cody is looking forward to when the 2 years is up!

Cody did great.....but it is always so emotionally draining for him.  His blood pressure is always through the roof while we are there.  His scope was first thing that morning and we were going to rest and relax in the hotel the rest of the day.....but.....we had left our basketball tickets hanging on the refrigerator at our house and so desperately wanted to get them.  So we had another road trip back to Woodward and back to the city for basketball tickets.  It gave us more time to reflect and talk about how Faithful our God is!  I don't know why I was so uneasy about this appointment.....I know to let it all go and to trust Him, but sometimes it's just so dang hard.  I scrolled back to 2009 here,and reread what all happened to us that summer.  We had just moved 7 hours away from our family to the perfect place.  We were having a hard time undoing all the bad that had been done to this ranch before us.  Trying to get a healthy balance to our schedule, and it seemed like nothing was going our way.

I do believe we were sent here for a reason and I think that reason had something to do with Dr. Jia and what was about to happen with Cody.  Looking back it is so neat how all the pieces to the the puzzle just seemed to fall into place.

Almost 4 years later we are still here and my, oh my, is it good!

1 comment:

  1. In one way it seems like only yesterday, but in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago!! Honestly one of the scariest days of my life!! Our Lord is SO good and I thank him for sending y'all to Woodward, or maybe I should say to Dr. Jia!!! I believe you are exactly where God wants you right now!! I would selfishly love to have you closer, but only when & if it's God's will!!!

    ReplyDelete