Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Small Things.....

 

I swam with my little guy today in his mini pool.

I cried the whole time.

Huge crocodile tears.

The ugly cry.

The cry that almost made my son go run for help he was so freaked out.

Today is the first day my child has sat Indian style.

I have put his legs like this before to see if they would bend that way, which usually ended in him being annoyed and running off to play a "kid game!"

My greatest fear while pregnant...........

Was passing my jacked up genes to my child.

I was born with a rare bone disease and blogged in depth about it a few years ago. Most people just thought I was bow legged growing up and I wouldn't correct them. It seemed easier this way. I could NOT sit Indian style! On the inside it just hurt. Walking hurt, running hurt, sitting hurt......

After 2 surgeries, a rod in my femur, 5 screws and 5 huge long scars on my leg, my legs are somewhat straight. Jones rubs them and ask me what happened. How do you explain that to a 3 year old?

Jones has been complaining of his legs hurting after he plays hard and that scares me.

It just made me pray harder.

Cody's wish is for Jones to be an athlete like him and play sports. If he does carry my genes he won't be able too.

It just made me pray harder.

Today felt like a huge victory in witnessing the smallest of things.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment