Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Garner State Park Fun

Cody has been busy with Dove hunters the past two weekends. Jones and I have been trying to entertain ourselves and find fun new things to see and do.

After playing trains ALL day one day I needed a change!
We said bye to dad and went exploring!

I watched Seven Days in Utopia several years ago and fell in love with the town. After googling the town I found out it was real life, ha! Flipping thru the channels the other day I found the movie on TV. I remembered Utopia being way down South and boo yah it's only an hour from us! We loaded up one Saturday and went to check out the town. It was very very small and cozy. I want to go back and stay at the hotel on the river! We came upon the cute little cafe in the movie and had lunch. The enchiladas were soooo yummy! We then headed a little more west and went to Garner State park. The water was gorgeous! The frio river runs thru it and does frio mean cold?? It was cold as ice cubes. It was SO hot so after you got used to it, it felt great! We floated about 4 hours. Momma was getting burnt so we headed home

We slept like babies that night we were so worn out.
The next morning we woke early for Sunday school then came home and make banana muffins and layed in our pajamas all day.... Jones might of layed around in his undies.

We stayed in bed ALL day,ha. We got up to potty and I got up to bring us meals in bed! We were drained, I'm guessing from the sun the day before?

We had so much fun we took Cody back last Sunday! We have about 50 hunters at the ranch this weekend so we played last Sunday!

I think Cody enjoyed the cafe and the water as much as we did!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment