Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September Shenanigans

Cody has had 3 full time helpers this summer. Last week one went to Mexico to visit family, one left to go guide hunts for another ranch and one got the boot. The one who went to Mexico usually only goes for a week at a time and then comes back but he was gone for 3 weeks this time. This time on his way home, he takes a bus, the cartel pulled the bus over, made everyone get off and then took off with the bus and everyone's stuff. Luckily, he had all his important documents and paperwork in his boots to get back to the States. While he was out 3 workers he put me and Jones to work! I got to bottle feed 100 fawns, work deer, feed deer, help move deer, cut antlers, vaccinate fawns, and move fawns....... Cody was busy cutting antlers so I decided to take initiative and move our weaned fawns myself. This one little crack head would not move. I nudged and nudged and he just stared at me. I've seen Cody pick them up and move them before and decided I could do that to. I knew when I picked it up it would start kicking like a big mambajamba. I picked that sucker up, and it started wailing. Unfortunately for me I picked it up wrong. I picked it up like you would a dog and I should have picked it up like a football, ha! That little Cracker Jack jacked up my leg, ripped my favorite work out pants and scarred me for life, ha! I got him moved though like a wounded champ!

Lil Chief is weaned! It's amazing to see these deer and how they respond to our little love. Cody and I can feed and the deer are like whatever. When Jones is with us they come running!!
Deer whisperer for sure!
Cody took a break midweek one day and we picked jones up from school and took him to the park to ride his bike and got a pizza! He was so excited and so worn out too he was like bipolar. One minute he was in a daze and then the next jumping in his seat he was so excited.
We've had at least 40 hunters here the last 3 weekends of dove season and 60 one weekend!! Doodee's company booked a hunt for some of his guys this weekend so Jones got to join in on the fun!
I was feeling under the weather last week. I thought I was just worn out from all the running around with Cody, plus a hurt leg, plus I walked straight off our pack porch stairs and busted it good.......just having a rough week all around. Woke up sick this weekend made me feel better about my off week,ha.

After laying in bed for 3 days and Jones taking care of me we got to venture out on Sunday after the hunters left. We found a pumpkin patch right down the road that has everything and their dog to do! We will definitely be back!!!!

We were there for 3 hours and didn't get to play with everything! We got to paint a pumpkin!

Golfing around! The tree looked like a snail.

The train was the best. They weaved in and out of trees and got to put their hands out and touch stuff.

They had a hay ride, park, slides, petting zoo, bowling, tic tac toe, mazes and more mazes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment