Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

When did I turn into a .....

Hopeless romantic.......



Sometime in the last 6 years, 5 months and 1 day. Tuesday night was the first night of the meteor shower and I was dying to watch! Cody and I were laying on the hood of his truck and I made a comment of how romantic this would be if only he had suggested it :) Not only did I have to drag him out there, I made him drink a mug full of green tea in the process! I would have let the green tea slide if maybe it was his idea to go watch!:) He then tells me that he is romantic because 2 months ago he suggested we go watch the sunset, I just smiled and said, "exactly, 2 months ago!"

Yesterday he comes home with freshly picked flowers, finds my favorite vase, sets them neatly on the counter and waits for me to notice them. It made my day, which in turn, made his day! I don't need an expensive gift or date to make me fall in love with Cody even more. Men always talk about how complicated women are. Well, fellas we aren't that complicated! All you have to do is open a door for us every once in awhile, a touch whenever you pass us, a glance across the room, put the toilet seat down, do 1 maybe 2 things a week not a day, a week around the house, something simple as putting your dirty close in the hamper and not on the floor, emptying the dishwasher, just something small will do, a little note and it doesn't even have to be long, a simple I love you would do the trick, offer up the remote 1 night a week, offer a foot rub, I repeat 'offer' the rubbing. I have many more but you get the point. Is it just me or would this not make any woman's day or week complete because it sure makes mine! :)

I love love love poems(which Cody is good at!), picking flowers, making a picnic, riding around looking at houses and just dreaming of our future togething. The one thing Cody has done for me that sticks out more than anything else is, one night I was super cold and decided to go take a hot bath to warm up, when I was getting out he brought me a hot towel straight from the dryer! That is not super big, or even time consuming but it meant so much, made my night, which in turn, made his night :)

I used to not be like this at all. I used to get mad when a guy would open a door for me, I thought it was annoying. I would get mad if a guy would tell me everyday how much he liked me, I would be like, "you told me last week, do you have to tell me that every day, man up!" I was not affectionate at all, maybe a little cold sometimes and even down right mean. I can't believe anyone ever wanted to date me. I wouldn't have wanted to date me either! I do think age has a lot to do with this too. I would say from 17-20 I was like this. I was very sheltered growing up and super naive about things, which is why I think I pushed people away when I realized what couples were actually doing at my age, LOL. I am super glad I was sheltered and naive about the world, I am also glad that I moved out on my own at 18 and got to experience things on my own, and make my own choices and my own decisions and this is where the sheltered and the naive part helped me make the right choices! It also led me down the road to Cody, and I am so happy about that! I think we met at just the right time, if we had met any sooner I would have been super guarded and probably bitter and definitely not ready to give someone my heart completely. I think me and Cody have a pretty good love story, how all the pieces came together at the right time, how we met, when we met, having to do the long distance thing from the time we were 21 to 23 made us have to work 10 times harder for our relationship to work, which made us realize we were in this for the long run.

I am so blessed and this is what I sing everyday........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZoNBngAnM


Maybe one day one of us will tell our love story.....

4 comments:

  1. hey! I'm posting before Kim today! (ha!)
    I think you're dead on about the age thing. I was a lot like you said you were when you were younger...I knew guys like Kevin (and Cody) in high school, and thought they were nice and all, but geez. When I got into my twenties, all I wanted was one of those nice guys! We are definitely blessed to have found them...even if they don't pick up their underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen and Cody definitely make my list of top 5 most romantic couples. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU BABY DOLL, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

    ReplyDelete