Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Carter's, Dr's and Deer

The Carter clan came to visit this weekend and we had a great time. Eli got to play with the little deer in our house and he thought it was the coolest thing! We needed to put little girl out on Monday but we waited till Eli got here so he could play with her for a bit in the house. As soon as they got here, out she went! She was definitely missing her buddies and she is doing really good outside.

Sheila, ELi and I went to Alabaster Caverns on Saturday so Eli could see the Gypsum caves and I think he really enjoyed that and he thought being underground was pretty cool and next time he wants to bring his buddy Jackson :) to see the caves. Cody and Mark left early early Saturday morning and went to Oklahoma City to a whitetail deer auction. Cody said a yearling doe that was going to be AI to a big buck went for 16,000 dollars. O My! On Sunday we all went out on the 4-wheelers and did a little exploring. It amazes me that I have been out about 20 times and I still see things that I have never seen before! Something new everytime! Eli was riding with Mark and they hit a little dip going a little too fast and Eli smacked his face on the 4-wheeler and he is gonna have a pretty big shiner. He was posing for me, so I could get a good picture of his bruise, but this pic doesn't do it justice! He was pretty tough!



Eli also got a lot of kisses from little girl!
Cody also had his Dr visit today and it went great! The Dr. said that everything is what he thought and that the cancer is low grade and the only thing Cody will have to do is get scopes every 3 months for a while and he is not looking forward to that! I also asked the doctor about cancer fighting foods and stuff and he just smiled and said it's not scientifically proven and that their is nothing you can do to prevent it. I knew he was gonna say that, most of the sights I visited said that doctors can get in trouble for telling patients things other than science proven and medical stuff. He did go on to tell us that he had a patient once who had the worst bladder cancer possible and that he suggested he have his bladder removed. The patient declined and went home. On his next visit for a checkup, his cancer count or whatever they go by had dropped, and eventually over the years his cancer no longer existed in his body. The dr. said the man drank green tea everyday. :) I have been making Cody drink that and he hates it! The doctor also said there is no science behind green tea and that there is no telling if that was what it was. I think it had something to do with it! Only after reading all the stuff I have read over the past 2 weeks.
Also this morning, Cody comes running in our room at 8:30 and telling me he needs help. Another doe had babies last night, which we thought they were done having babies, cause it's already August. Well they doe had twins and they look way premature. When I come in the living room they are both just laying their with their heads down and just looking lifeless. Cody gave them colostrum and I loved on them and tried to get them to take a bottle ALL day!


The one in the back is a female and she sucked a lot more than the other one, which is a male. The male couldn't even get up today and walk but by this afternoon he was able to walk about a foot and then fall. The female is walking all over the place but she is so weak! I was so looking forward to getting all the deer out of the house, but it looks like we have 2 more if they make it! I hope they make it!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good times to me....I love the picture of Eli! I think he's really proud of that shiner!! It's so nice to have fun times and good news back on your blog. Thank you God for answered prayers!! We felt like the weight of the world was lifted off our shoulders yesterday with the call from ya'll with the good report. We love you both so much!! The new babies are precious, and I too want them to live, but Karen I feel your pain....hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete