Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Keeping up with the Joneses

Daddy and Vicki came to visit us on Monday. We were so thrilled that they came! Since it was during the week I was watching Jocelyn but on Tuesday, I watched her till lunch and Louis watched her that afternoon so we could show them around the ranch. They had a great time! I asked daddy if he has ever ridden a 4-wheeler and he said yes, after the ride he admitted he has never driven one! :) He did good, going in and out of the canyons were a little scary to Vicki, but they are definitely scarier looking at them than acutally going down them! We rode around for about 3 hours and still didn't make a dent in the place! Vicki fell in love with the baby deer in our house. Although I am so ready for them to get out, I am glad they were still inside for them to see! Vicki helped me bottle feed them and she did a good job with the motherly duty of wiping them :) They loved her, they sucked and licked on her for 2 days straight!



We went into town for dinner and when we got back to the ranch we took them to the back to see the sunset, but of course it was cloudy!!!!! They did enjoy the view and the big canyon back there!
Also, I bought a puzzle on Monday. I figured since little Jocelyn sleeps 7 of the 8 hours that I have her, I needed something to keep me busy. Of course, Cody made fun of me for awhile, because apparantly he is toooo cool for puzzles! We started it the night Daddy and Vicki got here but didn't get far, but Cody really enjoyed it and was even competetive, who would have guessed! I barely got him in bed! Anyway, Daddy, Vicki we have gotten pretty far since ya'll left! I think that the picture I picked out helps a little getting Cody to do it!





Karen

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great!! I'm so glad your Dad and Vicki enjoyed their visit. Hey, after the four wheeler adventures with ya'll, the next purchase on the Jones place may be his & her four wheelers(ha!ha!) I love the puzzle too, great choice!! When we were little, Nannie had a puzzle going ALL the time. She'd set up a card table and everytime she'd walk by she'd put a piece in place. I can remember her always working on it while she watched TV.....fond memories!! You can actually buy puzzle sealers and frame it if you really like it when you're done. I love and miss ya'll so much...can't wait for next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete