Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bottle feeding again...different animal.

Luis and Gisella went to Texas for a Quinceanera (sp) 15 year old birthday party. Gisella was trying to explain the tradition to me and they go ALL OUT! It's on up there with a white women's wedding! They didn't go home for Thanksgiving and they aren't going home for Christmas, I guess they were saving up their days for this party! ANYWAYS........these people love babies. Luis somehow manages to catch baby rabitts, baby turkeys, baby turtles, baby snakes, baby, baby, baby! I, on the other hand, am a sucker for baby animals and feel like they belong with their mother, as in, "Stop, catching babies and bringing them home.!" They hadn't brought any home in awhile, thank goodness! Well they also have a dog, a pitbull, and I am deathly scared of these animals. They keep her in a pen though. Well they decided they needed some puppies, so they let her out to mate with a neighbor dog, I think he is some kind of cow dog, not sure exactly. Then, last time Fransisco came down he brought a male companion for this female dog and it happened to be another pitbull! UGH! Well they don't get along at all, so the female dog dug out and gave birth to 8 puppies. 4 died, we went home for Thanksgiving, Luis accidently ran over the mom dog, now they have 4 puppies to bottle feed, they need to go out of town, I get stuck bottle feeding puppies!

I actually look happy to bottle feed these puppies, but it took 3 days to get attached and this pic is taken after the 3 days! I was so depressed when Cody first brought them over. They had been feeding them regualr milk. That is so not good and no wonder 4 died. So when I get them, they are all weak and stink and freezing and crying constantly and my heart can't take this. I am a sucker for baby animals. I wanted to sooooooo bad to take them to the vet, but I knew Cody would think I was crazy, so it took everything I had not to, but I did call a vet :)! I went and got them the food that they need and they have been thriving since they are getting the nutrition. They still need to go to the vet and get shots, and wormed and all that good stuff and that breaks my heart because I know they won't take them. They never took their dog to the vet, and she has even given birth a couple of times :( It's so sad to say, but I am kind of glad they accidently ran over their dog, hope they don't get another one for babies!
These little stinker's also got a bath today. I thought you couldn't give puppies a bath, but the vet said I could dunk them in some warm water and get the smell off of them. They are simply irresistable now! I have no idea what they are gonna do with them, hopefully give them away!
How do you tell someone to get their dog fixed in a nice way? We have 2 labs, I take them to the vet probably more than I should (I am so gonna be one of those mom's that freak out when her kid has a runny nose!) they are overly taken care of and we even got them fixed. Everyone made such a big deal about it, since they are purebred and have papers, but who cares! GET YOUR DOG FIXED especially if your not gonna take care of them like you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment