Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brrr.....

It has been in the low 20's every morning and in the 30's during the day all week. Well today it was in the teen's and the high was 27! Right now it is 15 degrees with a wind chill of -1 and IT SNOWED TODAY. In the morning it will be 6 with a wind chill of who know's what with a high of 24, brrrrrrr! It really isn't as miserable as I had imagined it would be, it's a different kind of cold and as long as the wind isn't blowing 90 to nonthing, we are good to go. I have been extra worried about the dogs, so I brought them in yesterday to bath them just in case they needed to come in and sleep. They stayed in the laundry room for about an hour to dry off and the whole time Drake is acting like he is about to have a heart attack and Duke just chewed on a bone the whole time. They couldn't wait to go back outside, they ran straight back into their pen! Cody did put about 3 feet of hay in their shelter for them, plus in their dog house that is in their shelter and they love it. Well today in the 10 degree, snowy weather I felt bad for them again and brought them in and it was hard getting them in, they didn't want to, but I finally managed and after 30 minutes they were ready to get back outside and ran straight for their shelter. I decided to get in with them and I sat with them for about 15 minutes and I was comfortable. As long as your out of the wind, your good!

And the 3 feet of hay was pretty darn comfortable!
This is how it looked today when we woke up! I was soooooo excited!


This afternoon we went and rode around on the ranch to see if we could see anything and all the lakes were frozen. We might need to invest in ice-skates!

While we were out a blizzard came through. A little exaggeration but it looked and felt like a blizzard. We could barely see 5 feet in front of the truck it was coming down so fast, but it didn't last long. Jeff's yard was covered good when we got back to the house! The wind/snow was still coming down so fast that the picture turned out blurry and you can't tell how fast the snow was coming down :( but trust me......it was!

I sure could get used to this weather! It really isn't as miserable as it would be in Texas if it was -1!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I wish I was there, it looks beautiful!! Duke and Drake look completely comfortable and extremely happy in their nice shelter. I loved the snow story......thanks! Now I'll say goodnight so I can go crawl in my comfortable bed and turn my electric blanket on HIGH.....cuz I'm freezing!! Ha! Ha! I love you, bundle up and try to stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete