Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cabin Fever and Mud

My boys took me out Friday night.  We were all getting cabin fever and needed OUT of the house.  We tried out a new restaurant in town that was.....not so great.  After dinner we didn't want to go home.  We talked about trying out a movie with Jones but didn't want to spend 20 dollars and only sit through 10 minutes of it.  We will try out a movie with J during the day when it's cheaper, ha!  We talked about going bowling.......the park(it was freezing) but decided to go to Atwoods so Cody could show me a gun safe he wanted.  It turned out to be a fun time:)  We saw TRACTORS!  Kid tractors!  Ridable tractors!  Jones was in love!  He rode on this tractor for about 20 minutes.  We even got him off without a meltdown!

Then we went to walmart and Jones played with some more toys.  Even left without a meltdown and no new toys! SCORE!   Since Jones a little doll we went to Dairy Queen and got sugared up before bed:)

On Saturday Sunday Cody had a lot of things he needed to get done.  We haven't been able to get out on the ranch much because of all the mud.  Cody had to take the tractor out to even feed last week.  We were supposed to head to Texas Sunday but couldn't get away without getting so much stuff done.  Sunday while I was working the church nursery Cody decided to take his truck out to finish feeding.  Now that this day is over I can ask, "What on earth were you thinking!"


Since I was in town he had to walk 2 miles back to the house, in the dark, in the snow, in the freezing temps.  Fun stuff!

The next day Jones had a play date with some of his friends and Cody was able to get back on the tractor and do the things he needed to do while we went to town to play!  When we got back to the ranch we took my hummer as far as we could and then hopped in the tractor with Cody to unleash his truck;)
It was so muddy.  Seriously, what on earth were you thinking, Cody?

It took us 2 hours to get him unstuck.  It was a huge mess and a huge process.  I don't feel comfortable driving a tractor and I don't feel comfortable driving the doge, it's a standard.  But I suck it up and drive it when I need to around the ranch.  You throw mud, snow and Jones in the mix and I really don't feel comfortable driving the dodge!

When we got to the truck I strapped Jones in his car seat and Cody chained us to the tractor.  It was not budging.  There was just too much mud.  We tried that for about an hour and then decided to just back it up down the hill and go out the other way....it worked!  Finally!  Then I had to drive the dodge all the way back to the barn...not fun.  But Jones loved the tractor ride!

We are hoping to head out late tonight or in the morning for glorious ole' Texas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment