Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Perfection

If I had to pick the perfect weather, today would have been it! The storms that hit Dallas all the way up to OKC this afternoon formed right above us this morning. It turned black, sprinkled for 10 minutes and headed east. This storm brought us 68 degree weather, clear skies, cool breeze and the brightest sun ever. Since I don't have the kiddos right now, I was able to spend my day outside, perfection. Yesterday was a beautiful day too, but a little windy. We headed out on the 4-wheelers yesterday to put out corn, fill feeders and check the game camera's and we could hear the red deer and the Elk going nuts. I guess they were trying to call up a mate! It was a really great sound and peaceful. I still get amazed each time I go out on the ranch. Somehow we always manage to find a new hidden road/path/secret passage to explore. We also found a few old old old deer feeders and turkey feeders. They just need to be cleaned up a bit, new batteries, fresh corn and they will be good to go.


We also have some sad news. The last set of twins that were born were way premature and we didn't think they would make it, but they pulled through and have been doing good. Last week the bigger of the 2 had a cold/pneumonia/runny nose. Cody gave her some meds and crossed his finger but she didn't pull through this time. She passed away on Sunday. The other little one is doing good and she is not sick, I hope this cold front that moved in doesn't change that. The high tomorrow is suppose to be in the 50's. The other deer and babies will be able to handle the cold weather, so lets hope little girl can too.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the little twin dying. I still think it's so strange how they can be doing so good one day and then get really sick and die so fast. I can guarantee it's not from neglect....because you and Cody do such a great job taking care of them!! Glad to hear about the awesome weather, we are having great temps(70's), but still getting some rain.:( Can't wait for "Girl's weekend", I'm really looking forward to it. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete