Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Daddy, Dallas/Ft Worth and Driving

I traveled South this week to meet up with the girls for our annual shopping weekend. I get halfway home and my stepmom calls to tell me my dad is in surgery. My dad had surgery Tuesday to remove a huge knot/mass/bump off his throat. When they went in to take it out they found cancer on his tonsils and a lymph node. So they ended up taking it all out and took a biopsy of his tongue. We will know more in 5 days what the biopsy report is. I am so glad I was already halfway home because my dad would have made me stay home and not make a special trip just for him. I would make a special trip everyday if I needed to, just to see him :) and I am sure there are a lot of people that would make special trips just for him too. My dad is the type of person that would do anything for anybody. Why not return the favor, right? I pray that everything will be fine, it's in God's hands.

I got to visit with daddy for a few days and he didn't want me to cancel my plans, so I ended up meeting the girls on Friday for some shopping, eating and some needed girl time. No one brought a big SUV for the weekend so we could all ride together, but Sheila had a master plan anyway's


Poor girl rode around in the back back all weekend long! It looks like she might have enjoyed it by the look on her face! We had a great weekend! I was super good this weekend in the shopping department. Cody said I could buy whatever I wanted and I stayed clear of the 7 jeans, coach bags, and The Gap! I need a pat on the back!
Poor Cody, he ran out of milk this week and instead of going to the store to buy some more he used my vanilla soy milk all week. Soy milk is no bueno by itself. I only use it in cereal and green tea. He not only drank some of it, he cooked with it! It is VANILLA soy, Gross! He made hamburger helper with it:(

No comments:

Post a Comment