Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Hopeful

Cody has been putting out game camera's everywhere the past couple of months. Trying to scope out where all the animals are hanging out and trying to get a count of what we have in the high fence. Last year Jeff put in 10 Minnesota shooter bucks and we haven't seen one of them, but we are hopeful their out there somewhere. We have been getting a lot of pictures of native deer that got stuck in the high fence. Here is my favorite one!

We are also starting the AI process on Sunday. The vet will come out and get it started but we aren't actually doing the AI till the beginning of November. I am super excited about seeing this be done. Cody has done this before at other ranches, but I haven't! I am not looking forward to running the doe through the shoot. We got a shipment of 25 Minnesota doe in yesterday. To make room for them we had to rearrange the doe we have. This was not pretty. This is the first time I have seen a doe being worked. I only helped for about 30 minutes and couldn't take it any longer. They would just jump in the fence for NO reason! Cody did eventually get all the babies in one pen to ween and all the Doe that will be bred to a Buck, separated in every other pen. They couldn't be side by side because the bucks might fight through the fence and that would not be pretty! Out little bottle fed fawns helped out a lot when we were trying to get the other fawns together. We just opened the gate to the bottle fed fawns and they just followed us around the alley, which made the other fawns more calm when they had to run past us. Cody's girl was just looking at them like they were crazy! We are still bottle feeding 1, the last preemie, and she is 2 months now and about ready to be weened! Yay!!! Almost done with that!!!!!!

Cody is trying to get me interested in Bow hunting, still not sure I want to do that :(

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that's a beautiful deer....great picture!! Sounds like ya'll are really busy, but lots of exciting stuff going on. Karen, I still think they need to put you on the payroll!! I think it's so neat how you jump right in to help Cody, and seem to really enjoy it. There's not too many wives that would do all the things you do. You never cease to amaze me, thanks for loving my son so much. You are truly a blessing and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete