Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meet baby Luis

Luis was born September 4th and he sure is a cutie-pie. While Gisella was on maternity leave she kept Jocelyn too so I had a wonderful 2 months off. I started back yesterday watching them both. It was a little difficult getting Jocelyn back in her routine while trying to tend to a newborn but we managed just fine. It is definitely easier than I thought it would be and my anxiety has passed :) I noticed Jocelyn is a little jealous when I feed Luis. When she sees a bottle go in his mouth she will start grabbing for it and throw a fit till I give her a bottle, it is ridiculous and funny all at the same time and we are working on this issue :) Luis is a really good baby, eats and sleeps and I have gotten him to smile which I think is no big deal, but they are shocked that he is smiling because he doesn't around them, lol. I guess it is just the different culture and how they raise a child and how I am used to seeing people raising a child. When he is awake I am always in his face talking to him and making faces at him to get him to laugh and they don't. It's super funny the way Gisella looks at me when I am holdingw baby Luis, because I probably do look like a crazy white woman a little when I am interacting with him! Man, do these kids love to sleep though!


Jocelyn is also jealous that baby Luis has takin' up camp on her bed :) I do catch her patting him really gentle when she knows I am not looking, it's really sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment