Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy V-Day

We had a much needed weekend away and we had a great time. We ended up going to OKC and stayed in a hotel with the most comfy bed ever. I didn't ever want to leave! Our hotel was right next door to a place called Kona Ranch. I was so excited. Back in the day, me and my friends would drive all the way to College Station just to eat at Kona Ranch. It's kind of like a tropical steakhouse? We went and saw Dear John and it was so good. Cody loved it too and it was way better than the book. Although, this is the first movie that I have ever seen that actually went along with the book storyline. Hottie Tatum and that girl had so much chemistry which made it 10 x's more great! We also saw Valentine's Day and it was really good too! I figured it was going to be a chick flick to the max, but Cody enjoyed it too! Two movies in 2 days.....Wow......Cody was on a roll! We ate at a little seafood place for lunch one day and Cody got his fill of crawfish, so he was a happy camper. Went to Bass Pro for a bit had sushi for dinner and then we went to the Wormy Dog!
Cody has wanted to visit this place ever since he heard a song about this place. It was way smaller than I thought it would be, but it was a lot of fun. Texas Renegade opened and they were pretty good. After they were done playing they came and stood by me and Cody all night. They weren't the friendliest when people came up to get a picture with them. Aaron Watson put on a great show. Cody saw them at Jitterbugs a few years ago and out of everybody there that night, Aaron points to Cody and made fun of his pink shirt he was wearing, lol. So Cody didn't wear a pink shirt this time!
We had a great weekend. Lots of rest and relaxation with a little bit of fun. I couldn't talk him into getting a pedicure with me this time :( Two movies, sushi, sleeping in, Aaron Watson and Kona Ranch sooooo made up for the 'not wanting a pedicure' :)

It's back to the real world now. My kiddos are still sick and VERY clingy this week. I haven't been able to do anything this week because they are attached to my hip. The 19 tree's we ordered for the deer pens' were delivered this morning and Cody has been working his little tail off trying to get them planted this week. AND Burks and Lizzy are flying in Thursday for a visit! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment