Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oklahoma Blizzard

AND I SOOOO MISSED IT!

I was really bummed that I missed our first snow storm but Cody took lots of pictures for me. We got about 8 inches and we are expecting more tonight! YAY! Since there is so much snow everywhere, Cody was able to burn most of the HUGE brush piles out on the ranch without starting a wildfire! :)




And this is what I got to drive in on my way home Sunday. It was not fun at all. North Texas was fine, it looked like it was dusted with snow and was super pretty. When I got in Oklahoma there was ice everywhere, except for the road. I have never seen so much ice in my life. Every tree was down from being weighed down so much with ice, fences were leaning with ice and ice sickles were hanging from every sign, pole,wire and rail. I'm talking thick and long ice sickles! I don't know how everybody survived that long without power. When I got into OKC the roads were a little wet and snowy, but apparently I was the only idiot driving so lucky for me there was no traffic at all! When I got off interstate to head to Woodward it was like this ALL THE WAY TO WOODWARD! THE WHOLE HOUR AND A HALF. I don't remember seeing any other cars out until I reached a town where they had cleared the roads good. It was 28 degrees and misting the whole ride home. I figured since it was below freezing it would have been snow or something, but it just looked like mist.

As soon as I hit Woodward, the sun was out, it was 33 degrees and absolutely BEAUTIFUL! This is what it looked like when I turned down our road! Pure snow, no ice, and thick!
I think my fear of driving in the rain plus everything worse than rain has disappeared. My hummer has been good for my fears and I definitely feel safe in it.




2 comments:

  1. The fawns are so cute. Cody is really going to stay busy. Watch out for snakes. Had a great visit. Love yall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of that little baby. Cody and the fawns too.

    ReplyDelete