Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tyndell Road

It was a great day in the Campbell household yesterday! Let me back up a little for a quick history lesson:

When me and Cody first met we were SOOOOO shy towards each other, except on the dance floor we had a really great chemistry :) So we would always go dancing and find songs that fit our relationship and bond off of that. He had this CD that a buddy of his from ETBU had burned for him and it was called "Tyndell Road." We would always listen to it and we loved every song on that CD. This is a picture of the first night we listened to that CD together, it was also Cody's 21st birthday, the week we met, and the 2nd time to go dancing! We were so young!
Come to find out I had a friend who knew this Tyndell guy and they were gonna be at Jitterbugs the same night me and Cody were gonna be there and of course Cody got to meet this guy. He was thrilled beyond words and this pic was taken that night!

In one of the many times I moved from 2003-2006, the CD vanished and we have been pretty sad about it. Thursday Cody talked to his buddy from ETBU that burnt him that CD and asked him if he still had it, AND HE DID! He said he would burn another one and mail it to us! This was on Thursday, as in not yesterday but the day before! Cody checked the mail yesterday and it was already here! Cody even called RJ and was like, "Did you over-night it to us or something?" and he didn't and we have no clue how it got all the way up here in less than 24 hrs! We were thrilled and have been listening to this CD non stop! We had ourselves a romantic date night last night and reminisced about our good ole days! This CD will definitely go under Karen's Happy list on the IPOD!
Sitting at the dance hall
Pacing upon the floor
I see the girl of my dreams walk in through the front door
Her long brown hair
O how it shines
All I need is one slow song to try to make her mine
I'm just waiting for a slow song to ask that girl to dance
But this fast paced rockin' music won't give me a chance
Wish that DJ would be my friend and play a song where I can step in
And take that blue eyed angel in my arms
I close my eyes and day dream
As the music fades away
Thoughts running through my head of the things that I would say
But its hard to think of words with the music up so loud
So I breath the sigh of loneliness as I turn back to the crowd
A midst my wishful thinking
The music starts to slow
I hear an old George Straight song
Like they play on the radio
I take that angel's hand in mine
I feel light upon my feet
I wish we could dance forever in this moment so sweet
Thank you for the slow song
Now I have my chance
To take that angel's hand in mine as we start to dance
Thank you DJ your my friend I hope this song will never end
So I can keep this blue eyed angel in my arms.
I love how songs can take you back in time, take you back to a memory, take you back to a feeling and make you feel 21 again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what sweet pictures.....I love them!! I remember these pictures and it seems like just yesterday. I'm so happy you got another copy of the "Tyndell Road" cd, I remember hearing the story of how much it meant to ya'll. To me, songs have a magical way of bringing back wonderful memories and times!! I love to hear happy stories like this.....it helps a mother's heart when she's missing her kids!!

    ReplyDelete