Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Birthday and Blizzards!

Happy Birthday Cody!!!!!

Cody turned 28 today! Today is not only the first day of spring but the first blizzard of Spring 2010! That is kind of funny! Although we worked all day he had a great day! He got to talk about what he loves and meet Ted Nugent! I will write about that after the expo is over! I usually get Cody a super cool cake from Chez Bazan or another cute little bakery in Tyler, but since we are in Woodward I had to stick with walmart. The selection was slim but I found a somewhat descent chocolate cake.


While we were at the expo today our neighbor booth lady told us someone called her and told her there was a wall of snow on our road and that we probably wouldn't be able to get through it and I just couldn't imagine a wall of snow in one spot. Well since we did have a blizzard pretty much, the winds were blowing hard all day and after it snowed it just blew all the snow in this one spot!
By the time I get home I can tell someone has gone through it and looks like someone has played in it too! Turns out Luis and Fransisco tried to barge through it and got stuck and then had to get the tractor to unstuck them and they smoothed it out a bit so it would be drivable. It was the coolest thing. The top pic is a picture of all the snow about knee level and you can tell on the right how deep it was! It was probably 5 ft tall before they made a path through it. Where they went through it, it's still about 2 ft but the ole' hummer made it through real nice and I even played in it a bit! :) It was fun! So neat to see that much snow blown in one spot, the snow built up from the stop sign all the way to Jeff's house


Cody and Richard had to be at the booth by 9 and I wasn't gonna go till about 11. I had to drive that 12 mile stretch to town (by myself) going 30 and it took FOREVER!!!! I thought I would have been more nervous since I freak out driving in the rain, but I'm getting to be a pro driving in snow/sleet and ice! I get halfway to town, the roads were pretty bad but drivable, and I see a snow plow truck heading my way so I just pull over. After he passes I get back on the road and he didn't do anything but pick up the snow and all that was left was pure ICE and I was sliding all over the place. I wanted to call that plow truck and tell him to STOP because he was making it worst! I did make it to town in one piece!
All in all it was a pretty great day! Snow or shine Cody had a pretty great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for my b-day cake baby, love you very much!!! Cody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of Cody's birthday through phone calls, pictures, and your wonderful blogging!! So glad ya'll had a great day! I know coming home to his sweet wife and a cake was the perfect way to end his event filled day! How many people get to experience working deer, a spring blizzard, a Wildlife Expo, meeting Ted Nugent, and a private birthday party all in one day.....PRETTY AWESOME 28th BIRTHDAY!!! We love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete