Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break for ME!

Since Gisella is on spring break this week.......that means I am on SP too! I definitely miss the kiddos but it has been so nice sleeping in and doing "me" things! The Northwestern Oklahoma Wildlife Expo is this weekend too so I have been getting stuff ready for that because we have a booth! We went today to set up and it looks really GREAT! I will have to take a picture of it and post it! I am looking forward to the expo! It should be a lot of fun and Ted Nugent will be there too.

Richard came down to help out with the booth and brought Fransisco down to build a new shelter/barn for our new fawns this summer. This year instead of just bottle feeding the fawns that need to be bottle fed, we are bottle feeding all the fawns we "AI" and there will be about 27 of them. Well ....we had 5 in our HOUSE last year and well.....27 this year just won't work in the house! LOL So they get a new house just for them! They are gonna build it outside our back door so it will be easy for us to make bottles in the house and then just go 15 feet and feed. Since we have 2 extra people here this weekend, Cody decided to go ahead and work the deer and give them their shots and I am SOOOOO glad help is here so I don't have to help. My heart just can't take it! It was pure relief tonight not being down there while they ran them through the chutes! When Cody came home he told me about a couple Bucks that were acting a fool and running into fences, poor babies! I am glad I didn't have to see that! I stayed home and cooked fajitas for everybody, I am sure they enjoyed that more than me down there looking like I am about to cry!

Richard made a comment about bringing Cody's little girl with us to the expo since she is so tamed and pretty much follows Cody EVERYWHERE! That would be the cutest thing, putting a collar and leash on her. All those people would scare her to death! The thought of it was super cute though! Maybe if she was still this small :)!

We will let you know how the expo goes. Maybe we will sale a bunch of hunts for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment