Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bye, Bye Baby....

Where has my baby J gone?  It's like he transformed into a lil boy over night.  The same laid back, chill lil dude, but with an opinion now!  More adventurous, more independent, more risky, more boo boos, and more drama, ha!

The other day I didn't take him to town with me to run errands because it looked like we beat him.  On my birthday he tripped over tree roots down the whole trail.  He came out with skint knees, gashes on his legs and huge scrapes.  The next day we ventured out on the ranch to help Cody fill protein feeders.  A few feeders are inside barb wire fences.  He decided to crawl under it.  On his way back in ,when he bent down, he bent down on the barb wire and it scratched him from the top of the head all the way down to his chin....he screamed bloody murder....just glad he missed his eye!
He turns more into his father everyday.  He has the best eyes.  He can spot a deer a mile away, behind some brush, hunkered down hiding!  He can spot a shed a mile away.  He found like 4 the other day all by himself.  He was SOOOOO excited!  He can tell you the difference between an Oryx and an Addyx... I can't even do that!  He knows the difference in an Axis and a Fallow.  He knows the difference in the buffalo and the water buffalo, Elk and the red deer!  Turkeys, crows, owls, dove, vultures......the boy knows his animals!


He has friends that he prays for.  That he talks about at home.  "You know what Crosby did, mama?"  You know what Claire said to me, mama?"  He tells me when he misses them, when he wants to go see them and that I could stay home if I wanted, he can find them:)

I am reminded daily that he is not my baby boy anymore..........

 Then there are days like today when I see him napping and he HAS to have his "night night" to fall asleep and I know he will always be my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment