Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Guns and Good Causes

I wrote last month about the skeet shoot I signed up for to help raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.  Well he has come and gone and I SOOO chickened out.  Cody stepped up for me and took my place and was on my "girl" team:)  I just could not shoot a gun.  Shoot a gun 50 rounds at that.... My girlfriends and I got together one night to practice and I was going to face my fear and deal!  Well, that did not happen.......Cody stepped up again and saved me.......

The shoot was a blast.  It lasted all day long and Jones was a CHAMP!  He enjoyed all the action and picked up a girlfriend of his own...PRECIOUS!  The wind blew like crazy and no one was shooting good.  The wind kept blowing the clay all over the place....Let's just say my team didn't come close to winning.... but it was super fun to hang out with the girls all day and watch them shoot.  Thank you Cody for helping a girl out:)

Jones loved the "horsies".

When we got home we chilled in the backyard and burned a bunch of crap that had multiplied over the year.  Cody cleaned out the deer barn and made room for some storage space!

It had rained a few days before and it was still a little muddy/slippery on the clay part of our driveway.  Jones took off running around the house, slipped on his bum and then managed to face plant in it.......now, this would have been funny for a normal 2 year old, but my lil country bunchkin of a redneck 2 year old hates getting dirty....go figure.  This made it even funnier!  He was distraught and I wish I knew how to post videos to the blog because it is a great laugh!  We went in and cleaned up and got ready for round 2!  Yes, he did it again and it was even funnier!  This time I even smeared a little mud on me to try to make him feel better..........well it didn't work.  I might have to just throw him in a big pile of mud one day..........

No comments:

Post a Comment