Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

50 candles and 1 to grow on!


Kim finally joined all her friends and has entered into the 50 + box! Happy Birthday and hope you had a great day, even though we didn't do much but get the worst Oklahoma pedicure ever, ok maybe the 2nd worst pedicure ever.

I handed Jed my camera and here is his great pic! J/K You left out the cake buddy! :)

As you can see by this picture, Cody is starting to feel normal again! He did venture on out for a bit today and came home hurting a little, but getting out a little each day should do him some good.
Well little boy buck didn't make it. I went out one last time last night to try to get it to take a bottle and he could barely lift his head but Cody gave him a shot last night so he wouldn't hurt and he passed away this morning. This is the sad part of this job. The other sick fawn we found last night has taken up residence in our closet today, our other fawn in the house was picking on her and biting her, so I put her in a more tolerable environment. haha Deer usually pick on the weak, well not in my house missy! I did get her to take about 5 oz today, which is better than none, but still not good. She just can't get the sucking part down with the nipple. She sucks away at my ear though. She will only eat about an ounce a feeding, if that, so I try to feed her every hour, just so she will have something in her belly. I hope she makes it! I am looking forward to getting back to our regular routine next week! So happy we have Louis here, he has stepped up so much this week and has helped Cody out tremendously. He has been feeding the whitetail for Cody since he can't lift anything heavy and running most of the errands, picking up feed, dropping and picking up deer from the vet, filling feeders on top of his regular chores and extra projects they have going on around the ranch! I don't know how we could ever make this up to him! Louis is so sweet, he has been so worried about Cody. The first day home Cody stayed in bed all day and was out, and everytime Louis called he wanted to know how Cody was and when he could see him. He finally came over yesterday and you could tell he was happy to see Cody! They have definitely bonded even though there is a huge language barrier, but Louis is learning more English everyday! Cody's parents are leaving in the morning. Jed has been spraying the deer pens everynight for Cody while I spray the hanging strips over the deer water and bottle feeding the babies. Kim has been opening the gates for Jed and that cuts spraying in half! There are so many gates! I figured we would have had a harder time making Cody take it easy, but I haven't had to put my foot down once. He did get out more today but he didn't lift anything heavy and I know that was good for him!
We are fixin to start a game of cards and I am so tired I am sure I will come in last!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Cody and Karen, thanks for the best birthday ever!! The homemade waffles in the shape of "50" for breakfast started my morning out right. The pedicure wasn't the best, but it was nice getting out and relaxing for a while. The steak dinner was great and the beautiful cake with 50 candles plus 1 to grow on was delicious!! I love my new Brighton charms for my charm bracelet, but the best gift of all was seeing Cody laughing and feeling much better. He actually seemed back to his old self today. I love you both more than you'll ever know. Hope us being here this week was helpful and we didn't wear out our welcome. I think we needed to be here more for our sake than ya'lls. Thanks for putting up with us and thanks again for a great 50th birthday!!

    ReplyDelete