Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweet Monday

Never thought I would ever enjoy a 'Monday' but I did today. We finally got back to our normal schedule, except for the fact that I had to get up at 7:30 and bottle feed the fawns while Cody slept in :) Cody got out of the house majority of the day today and he is not sore tonight! Since Cody has been in the house all week laying around, of course I wanted to lay around with him and got nothing done at all! So today I was able to clean the house and go grocery shopping since I was home alone!


I figured Cody would have been super bored all week being in the house and not being able to lift anything heavy, but he was a good little patient and he had plenty of company between me and 'little girl' learning to jump on the bed, sudoku, puzzles and lots of movies!



Hopefully next weekend we can put her outside. I know she is missing her buddies and she has way tooo much energy for our house. We thought a little buddy would join her this weekend, but the sick little fawn we brought inside didn't make it. I just couldn't get her to eat enough :( She passed away Saturday around noon. That was a sad sad day. I also noticed that one pen outside has had more sick doe than the other, but they have all survied where as doe in the other pens haven't made it. This pen also has stopped taking care of their babies!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes when a doe gets sick, her number one priority is herself and she stops taking care of her baby but another doe will usually take care of it. I figured when the doe gets better she will start nursing her baby again, but I haven't seen a doe nurse one baby in at least a week. Majority of the babies were born in May so if momma won't let them nurse, then I think they will be able to make it cause their old enought to be weened. There is one buck fawn that was born early July sometime and no one will let him nurse! I have watched him for 5 days straight and he goes from doe to doe and not one will let him nurse! Although he is not weak and looks healthy, it can't be good he is not nursing at such a young age. He has way to much energy for us to catch him and bottle feed him, so I am hoping he can make it without those stupid Doe!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment