Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

God is good, All the time!

Well, I have pretty great news considering. Cody's surgery went really good. They think they got all the cancer out. The Dr. showed us pictures of the cancer and it looked so scary. It looked like a cross between calliflower and seeweed/coral reef looking thing. Glad that is out of his body! We go back August 3rd and the doctor will let us know then how bad a grade the cancer is and he will go over our options with us then. From experience, the Dr. said just by looking at it, it looked low grade because they seem to think they caught it super early and Cody will just have to have regulat scopes for 10 years to make sure nothing else scary is growing in his bladder. But we will know the facts on the 3rd! My Poor Baby! He isn't looking forward to the regular scopes, he was in so much pain during the first one. He is taking it super easy this week and still very very sore. Everyone keeps making the comment, "You probably felt the equivalent of a women having a baby," Not a good thing to tell the wife of the man who just went through all that pain and hasn't had a baby yet :(


Today we found a sick fawn in the deer pens, her mom got sick last week which we have been giving meds to, but when a Doe gets sick, she just takes care of herself and not her baby. Usually other doe step in and take care of it, but no one did this time. The fawn was really week and dehydrated. Cody and Jed caught it and brought it home. I have been trying to get it to take a bottle all afternoon, but she would never take it. Maybe, hopefully she will be super hungry in the morning and suck that bottle up! We had 3 fawns in the house and 2 have already graduated to outdoor pens. I was so looking forward to sending that third one out this week, but she might need to stay in longer with this new one, if she makes it. Hopefully she will. Tonight while we were spraying the pens(Kim and Jed are here helping me out since Cody has to take it easy), I found a buck fawn not looking to sexy either. He was really skinny and dehyrdated. He let me come right up to him and he licked me, I ran home, made a bottle of electrolytes and tried to get him to take a bottle to rehydrate. He drank about 2 oz and Cody went and gave him a shot of some fluids to maybe help him rehydrate. We will see how little guy is doing in the morning.


P.S. KIMBERLY ANN PEDEN CAMPBELL IS TURNING 50 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kim.
    Cody and Karen, we love you.
    Cody I hope you feel better. I have been showing my employees your blog..they love it, of course it brought a lot of us to tears. Karen you are a wonderful writer. I firmly believe you should start a book about your adventures. It could even be a children's book. If dad needs to come up and help, give us a call; he is waiting to hear or when you need him. He doesn't want to impose. We do want to come for a visit, but we also know you need some time to yourself. Luv u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and we praise him for the outcome of Cody's surgery. We will continue to pray for more good news. Karen, I still love you and think you are the best daughter-in-law ever.......but did you have to tell the whole world I'm getting OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I didn't tell the whole world you were getting old, I told them your 50 :)

    ReplyDelete