Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

When it rains it pours....ALOT!

What a week! Last Sunday was a great day! Cody finally took a few hours during the day to do whatever, and we ended up taking the 4-wheelers out on the ranch to do a little exploring. Louis went with us and we all had a great time. We ended up finding a way down to Patsy's Island! It only took us 4 months, but we finally found a way! For those of you who don't know was PI is, it's a place where indians used to live and they have found all kinds of artifacts and stuff down there. The only thing I found online about it is here http://www.ocgi.okstate.edu/shpo/shpopic.asp?id=04001335#ship
This place is actually on our land! Kind of cool! Well as soon as we got there after the 3 hour 4-wheeler ride in 102 degree weather, I was feeling not so good, I broke out in a cold sweat and wanted to just pass out right there! I said bury me with the indians please!

We did make it home in one piece. I took an extra cold bath, a 3 hour nap and I was good to go! Fed the deer, wiped the deer (pic below)hung with Cody, watched some TV, got a foot rub, went to sleep!
When we woke up Monday morning I was sicker than a dog! I hate doctors and hate being sick and put stuff likethat off, so I waited till Wednesday, when I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow to go to the doctor. Sweet Cody took a few hours out of his day to carry my but to see the Doc. I had strep-throat and it was not fun. Mom had planned to come stay with us on Wednesday anyways and she could have not picked a better day! By the time she got here I was running almost 102 fever and could not move a muscle. Dinner came and I got out of bed like I was gonna go cook, ha! Well after mom gave me a yelling and Cody gave me a yelling I mustered my way back to bed! Mom was a lot of help! She went to the grocery store, made dinner(homemade chicken noodle soup YUM), cleaned up the kitchen after Cody cooked for himself Monday and Tuesday :) and drove 20 minutes to town one day to get me a heatin pad because I was cramping so bad, and boy was that heatin pad worth every 40 miles of that trip! She did all the laundry and brought me I don't know how many 7 ups! Thanks MOM! I finally let someone take over and it felt great!
Mom also got a taste of Cody's little girl obsesive compulsive disorder! As in she is OC about Cody! She can't get to him fast enough when he gets home! I got a good pic of her trying to jump over the barrier to get to him! She is just glaring at me saying " U better step away from my daddy before I get u woman!"

And mom got to help bottle feed little girl! I think mom wanted to take her home. Mom had a hard time letting little girl get up on her own and walk. She wanted to pick her up and carry her to her spot, pick her up to eat and smooch smooch smooch! haha I was like mom "Let her do it, your spoiling her!" She's still not 100% up to par with her energy level and strength but she is getting their and she definitely had a lot more TLC this week with mom!

Then to top it off my poor baby Duke! We went to visit him today and O MY, his face is so big! I forgot to take my camera to take a picture and by the time we got to him he was so excited to see us that we didn't stay long because I didn't want him to pull out his IV. I talked to Christi today and was trying to explain his face. Remember Spud Mackenzie?? he was a bull terrier, google this and this was the shape of Dukes face but blown up about 7 X's as big, MY POOR BABY! He is not getting any better but not getting any worse so the doctors are keeping him again tonight. They are just pumping him full of fluids. I guess they are afraid to take him off the IV because he might swell up more and if he does it will go to his neck and that could cut off his air supply, MY POOR BABY!!!
And today......I think I finally feel normal!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment