Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 18


Whoa, this blog is getting personal. My biggest insecurity is my bone disease. Although, I think the older I get the farthest from my mind it goes. I don't really like talking about it and when I do it usually brings tears to my eyes......not sure why and I break out in a sweat......Is that anxiety?
I was always aware of my legs when I was younger. They never touched and always had a bow. In most pictures I have of myself when I was younger I am standing with my feet turned in and on there side. I guess I did that on purpose so when I saw me legs bowed out I could just blame it on the way I was standing. When I was diagnosed with this disease Internet wasn't around so I couldn't google it and Dr.'s had barely heard about it. I actually googled it for the first time after I found out I was pregnant just to try to find more info on it. There was A LOT of info! It is actually way more common now. I know a couple of people who I think have this disease too. Sometimes it's hard to diagnose and most of the time it goes undiagnosed. I even found a FB page for a support group! I was way more insecure about my legs when I was younger. It seems the older I have gotten and the more prayer's prayed about it, the more I have "outgrown" it. If that is even possible! Dr.'s always told me I wouldn't be taller than 4'6. I am 5'4. They always told me I would need total hip and knee replacement by the time I was 30. I am 28, will be 29 in April. They told me I would have arthritis. I don't. They told me the rod in my femur would not fix the problem. Haven't had a problem since. They told me I would have problems carrying a child because of the extra weight. I didn't.
I have 5 long scars on my leg, a rod in my femur and 3 screws to remind me of what could have been. I am so thankful for unexplained miracles!

1 comment:

  1. You were beautiful back then & you are beautiful now!! We are so thankful that the doctors underestimated you, after all, prayers are answered and miracles DO happen!! We couldn't dream of a more perfect example of faith, Hope, love, and perseverance.....you are a woman with all of the above!! We love and appreciate you more with every passing day!!'

    ReplyDelete