Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 30

A picture of someone I miss

I think we all miss Granny and Papa.  Jones always has such a serious facial expression and we didn't know where he got it from....I think that came from papa.  Granny was always smiling.  I don't think I ever saw her without a smile on her face.  They were my Granny and Papa from the first time I met them.  Papa would always ask questions and drill Cody and always had great advice and making sure he was doing what he was supposed to be doing and he treated me the same way.  As soon as you stepped into their house you felt at home.  You couldn't leave without eating or drinking something and Granny would make sure you were as full as a tick on a dog before you left her house!

Papa passed away in 2006 soon after our wedding.  This picture was taken at our wedding and Granny was all smiles.  We were in Georgia for a job interview and the plane ride home was the longest 2 hours of our life.  Granny was a tough little cookie and seeing her so strong made it a little easier on everyone else.  She passed away soon after.....I think from a broken heart.

Granny would always grab my face when we would leave from visiting them and say, "just love each other always."  I will always remember that and definitely not let her down on that.  Strawberries and Dr. Pepper will always taste a little bit sweeter because of Granny.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, this is SO sweet, very special, and the absolutely truth!! I pray I can be half the mother, mother in law, grandmother, and wife that Granny was!! If I am, I'll consider myself successful!! She and I never had a cross word and I'm a better person because of Granny!! Papa was also very good to me and I loved him too, but there will never be another person as sweet and loving as Granny!! I miss them both very much and wish they could have met Jones!!

    ReplyDelete