Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 8

I have enjoyed going through all 100,000 of my pictures lately! Out of the 100,000 about 50,000 make me laugh. It was hard to pick just one.



When Nannie and Dado dug a huge 28 acre lake in front of their house we had a little fun while it was filling up. Right before this picture was taken Cody almost knocked me out cold! We were having a mud fight and while he picked up a huge pile of mud to throw at me, it had a rock in it. It hurt at the time but I laugh so hard now every time I see this pic! Every time I look at our Honeymoon pics I laugh. For 2 reasons. The first, on the second day we stayed on the beach all day. I can't go under water without holding my nose and a little scared of deep water and more scared of the ocean. On that day the waves were pretty high and Cody was body surfing to shore. He finally talked me into joining him and showed me how to go under when a wave came in so it would just go over me and wouldn't take me back to shore. Sometimes a wave would hit us before it broke and we could just jump and it would pass us. Well I was trying to hold my nose, go under last minute or jump up and nervous all at the same time. I see a huge wave coming and I figured I could just jump to let it pass but at the last minute it broke over me and pulled me under and threw me to the bottom of the ocean floor face first. Luckily, the huge wave carried me back to shore and I was sprawled out on the beach for awhile with my nose throbbing. The ocean floor took 2 little chunks out of my nose.....Ouch! But it's super funny now. My nose hasn't looked the same since. The second, during our wedding my girls kept borrowing my lip gloss and someone didn't put my makeup bag back in my luggage. I didn't notice until our first night there when I was trying to get ready for dinner. I went a la naturale the whole week!

The funniest picture I have is when we cut our Wedding cake. I had issues with my caterer because she didn't tell me she was selling out when I set up a date. She wasn't very helpful when we picked out the flavor. It was my fault because I should have sampled it before the final say. We had Italian Cream Cake as the flavor. I just remembered my grandma's ICC and remembered it being soooo GOOD! So that is what I chose. It was not good in the wedding cake! We tried to hide it but our photographer caught the moment! It was full of nuts and Cody doesn't like nuts in cake....Ooops






1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness is was a beautiful cake or you would have been really disappointed!! I remember how hard i was laughing when I took the mud picture! Ya'll were having SO much fun! These picture makes me laugh too!! Thanks again for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete