Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Few First....

I have been going stir crazy in this house the last 6 weeks. It's hard to get a newborn out when the highs during the day are in the teens! I have made it to the grocery store a few times while Cody waits in the car with Jones and we have taken him to town several times but we just keep him in the car though. Well yesterday it warmed up a tidbit and Cody was super busy and we needed groceries. I decided to venture on out with him by myself. I fed him before we left and It was smooth sailing. He was in awe of Walmart. He was snoozing good until we passed by the frozen section and I guess he got a chill and he was wide-eyed the rest of the shopping trip! He was a champ! He only got fussy once waiting in the LONG line that is walmart checkout! I just scooped him up and he was good to go! Made it home in one piece, and had all the groceries put away before he got fussy again and wanted to eat.

Cody went hunting last night while me and Jones took a nap. When we woke up I did not feel like cooking. I figured since I had him out today by myself, why not take him out to eat for his very first date night with his mommy and daddy! He was a champ again! I fed him right before we left and he was a happy camper till we got home! I think the only reason I get nervous taking him out right now is I don't feel comfortable nursing in public. I am stocking up with the liquid gold before our trip to Texas so I won't have to worry about that when we go out.

Today after lunch it was pretty nice outside and Cody took us out on the ranch for a ride. We bundled him up and as soon as we hit the bumpy roads in the ranch he was out cold! Since we were on the ranch I just held him and we got some good cuddle time in while momma enjoyed some fresh air!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!!! I sure needed this tonight!! The picture is adorable! I miss and love y'all a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete